Magnum Search Group has partnered with a leader in construction equipment rental and sales. Together we are in search of a Branch/Profit Center Manager to join their Pump & Power team in Channahon, IL. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a strong potential for future growth and career advancement.
The Pump & Power Profit Center Manager has overall accountability for the financial, operational, and customer service performance of a Pump & Power Profit Center. Maximizes the profitability of the branch by making sure that it runs efficiently and effectively through the management of sales, controllable expenses, inventory levels, staff management, store safety and appearance, according to Sunbelt policies.
Pump & Power Services is a Specialty Business within the Company offering Large Pumps, Generators, Air Compressors, Trench Shoring, Temperature Control Equipment and Desiccant Dehumidifiers to Specialty Contractors, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which could result in work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the store in accordance with the operating goals established.
- Manages sales and expenses by presenting a clear business plan at the beginning of each month to staff in order to maximize marketing and selling efforts; assesses, modifies (if needed) and approves the sales plan weekly and ensures it is carried out appropriately; reviews all contracts raised (i.e. creations, amendments, suspensions and terminations) daily; reviews debt collection efforts (calls and/or visits made) daily
- Fosters the sales effort by participating in sales calls and customer visits with OSRs and weekly sales meetings
- Holds weekly sales meetings and Profit Center Meetings
- Manages inventory by assessing the need to purchase/dispose/replace equipment through staff, customer, supplier, salesman and marketing product manager feedback (to maintain PC stock/inventory)
- Manages all staff in the Profit Center (typically between 10-20 employees) including interviewing, hiring, and training; plans, assigns, schedules and directs work; appraises performance including rewarding and disciplining employees; monitors employees through operational reporting and financial reporting for each function; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manages projects undertaken at the Profit Center including engineered pumping systems, power generation systems, and all others that come up as part of the Specialty Business. Includes management of all labor and materials to maximize profitability and meet all customer and safety requirements
- Manages After Hours and Emergency Response efforts including local and regional responses as well as participation in national event response efforts
- Responsible for the direction and management of the outside sales team for development of specialty market segments targeted by Pump & Power business
- Oversees safety and compliance by ensuring all statutory requirements are met and adhered to (Company internal requirements, safety, Department of Transportation); inspects the Profit Center yard daily for safety and statutory requirements to ensure employee and customer safety; ensures the PC yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state (this includes making sure that all employees are wearing clean, properly fitting company supplied uniforms); insures that safety standards are met on projects sites
- Performs daily/weekly company vehicle inspection SOS/DOS
- Prepares reporting as assigned
- Fills in for open roles or tasks as needed to keep the PC running smoothly
- 5+ years of Rental Industry experience
- Previous store/location management experience highly preferred
- Project Management Experience is desirable
- Solid financial knowledge with budgeting and P&L statements
- Experience directly or indirectly managing Sales people
- Time management
- People Management
- Strong communicator with presentation skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Valid Driver’s license
- Long and Short Term Business Planning Skills and Experience are a plus
- On a daily basis, position requires working in a normal retail environment, job site, or yard area, or visiting customer site(s), where there are physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, and the like.
- Must be physically able to work in a job-site environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
- Night / Weekend work could be required
- Limited travel required, 1-2 nights per month as required for training / project management
Please send resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Company cell phone, truck, fuel card
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation/Time Off